Bicycle Health is a rapidly growing digital health company that offers virtual treatment for Opioid Use Disorder. Our robust evidence-based clinical program offers medication management, peer support, behavioral health treatment, case management and care coordination to help patients achieve health, stability, and agency. We have raised $30+ million in funding, grown to 150+ team members and are serving 7,000+ patients across 22 states. We are working with most major national payors including Medicare, United Healthcare, Aetna and Cigna.
The Opioid Epidemic is a systemic problem - over 90,000 Americans were lost to opioid-related overdoses in 2020. Millions of Americans misuse opioids but less than 20% have access to treatment. Bicycle Health is addressing this gap by offering affordable, accessible and confidential treatment that empowers patients to take back control of their lives.
Working with all payers to make treatment as accessible as possible is key to helping us achieve our mission. We are looking for a Vice President of Payer Sales to help us do exactly that. This position will help us partner with payers across the country and across all lines of business: Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial, Military, HMOs, prison health and more. You will help us build the payer sales and customer success functions by establishing the playbook and hiring strong talent to scale the team. You will help millions of people break free from their opioid jails, and make a difference in their lives. This is a full-time (40hrs per week) remote opportunity.
- Develop Bicycle Health’s payer strategy, goals and execution plan in order to deliver on its annual plan and long term goals.
- Initiate and nurture both regional and national payer relationships with a strong focus on helping the market understand Bicycle Health’s unique value proposition. Initially, you shall own, drive and close nationwide deals with major Commercial, Medicaid and Medicare Advantage payers.
- Craft data analytic models to assess the impact of deals on Bicycle Health’s business.
- As a member of our Leadership Team, help construct Bicycle Health’s annual plan and strategic direction.
- Hire top talent to build the Sales function to accelerate Bicycle Health’s payer acquisition efforts.
- Expand upon existing payor relationships to increase the value of the account by renegotiating rates, introducing value-based models and/or expanding go-to-market efforts.
- Build the customer success function that build a relationship with payers and provide ongoing customer support, monitor account performance, and deliver data reporting.
- Support business development partnership efforts with chronic disease treatment vendors, provider systems and more.
- Build awareness in the organization on how best to work with and leverage payers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- 10+ years of business development experience in the payer sector and extensive leader background. Value-based care experience is a plus.
- Existing relationships with, and experience selling into national payer's such as Centene, Molina, Humana, Cigna, Anthem and Aetna. Experience with selling into Tricare, VA and Jail Health is a plus.
- Ability to review contracts, respond with readiness and negotiate win-win deals with payer's.
- Prior experience working with Revenue Cycle Management teams.
- Strong communicator who can proactively identify potential challenges and think creatively about solutions.
- Must be a team player that is highly collaborative, goal-oriented, and confident, with an aptitude for working cross-functionally both internally and externally.
- Self-starter who thrives when given autonomy and is comfortable with ambiguity
- Proficient with modern tech tools.
- Bachelor’s degree is a requirement; MBA and/or MPH degree is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Unique opportunity to innovate in building a new care model to deliver high-quality treatment for patients with opioid use disorder.
- Competitive compensation and benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, 401k.
- Equity incentive plan.
- 100% remote work environment with flexible hours.
- Autonomy over your work, set the culture and create impact.
- Talented and engaging coworkers who are passionate about healthcare.