Bicycle Health is a rapidly growing digital health company that offers virtual treatment for Opioid Use Disorder. Our robust evidence-based clinical program offers medication management, peer support, behavioral health treatment, case management and care coordination to help patients achieve health, stability, and agency. We have raised $30+ million in funding, grown to 150+ team members and are serving 7,000+ patients across 22 states. We are working with most major national payors including Medicare, United Healthcare, Aetna and Cigna.
The Opioid Epidemic is a systemic problem - over 90,000 Americans were lost to opioid-related overdoses in 2020. Millions of Americans misuse opioids but less than 20% have access to treatment. Bicycle Health is addressing this gap by offering affordable, accessible and confidential treatment that empowers patients to take back control of their lives.
To disrupt the status quo for opioid use disorder treatment at scale, we are building a patient app that guides patients through telemedicine based treatment and provides them with the support they need to avoid relapsing. You will be responsible for enhancing and maintaining the patient mobile app to deliver the highest quality of care possible for our patients. The features you build will minimize patient relapse and help people break free from the cycle of opioid dependency.
Our tech stack: Typescript, React Native, GraphQL (Apollo), Node.js, Google Cloud
You can expect to:
- Use your knowledge of React Native, Typescript, and GraphQL to build, implement, test, and maintain critical mobile app features such as patient community, induction phase navigator, care navigator, group telemedicine treatment, patient self-scheduling, pre-visit check in, and pharmacy price comparator.
- Collaborate with product managers, physicians, nurse practitioners, and other staff members to revolutionize patient care.
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases and processes you will encounter.
- Be 100% remote. Work from anywhere; your office is wherever you are.
Qualities we’re looking for:
- A passion for improving the healthcare experience and helping those suffering from opioid use disorder.
- Pride and accountability for work completed, holding yourself and others to a high standard.
- Creativity and hustle when solving problems.
- An understanding of the business impact of projects you build and the ability to prioritize projects by balancing between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- Placing a high value on collaboration, knowing that we can be better as a team than as individuals.
- Think critically about the implications of what you're building and how it shapes real people's lives.
Skills / experience we’re looking for:
- 4 or more years of experience building, shipping, and maintaining mobile applications and backend services
- 2 or more years of experience building and shipping React Native mobile applications
- 1 or more years of experience in Typescript and React.
- Experience developing smooth and intuitive mobile experiences. Including familiarity with Mobile UI/UX design principles and best practices
- Experience writing testable code and deep knowledge of testing best practices
- Experience debugging native modules in both iOS and Android
- Experience with CI/CD
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent field
What would set you apart:
- Experience building and maintaining multiple mobile applications with large user bases from the ground up
- Experience with GraphQL, Node.js and full stack application development.
- Experience with HIPAA compliance
- A mix of salary and equity in Bicycle Health.
- Work with a talented, enthusiastic and mission driven team of passionate individuals.
Location: Fully remote. Must work in US time zone work hours.