Bicycle Health is a rapidly growing digital health company that offers virtual treatment for Opioid Use Disorder. Our robust evidence-based clinical program offers medication management, peer support, behavioral health treatment, case management and care coordination to help patients achieve health, stability, and agency. We have raised $30+ million in funding, grown to 150+ team members and are serving 7,000+ patients across 22 states. We are working with most major national payors including Medicare, United Healthcare, Aetna and Cigna.
The Opioid Epidemic is a systemic problem - over 90,000 Americans were lost to opioid-related overdoses in 2020. Millions of Americans misuse opioids but less than 20% have access to treatment. Bicycle Health is addressing this gap by offering affordable, accessible and confidential treatment that empowers patients to take back control of their lives.
To disrupt the status quo for opioid use disorder treatment at scale, we are building novel tools that identify the highest risk patients and customize their treatment plan. We are powering these tools with what we aim to be the largest structured clinical dataset for patients with Opioid Use Disorder. You will be responsible for enhancing and maintaining the provider and operations web app and backend to deliver the highest quality of care possible for our patients. The backend integrates with and extends an existing EHR to streamline patient care. The features you build will minimize patient relapse and help people break free from the cycle of opioid dependency.
Our tech stack: Typescript, React, GraphQL (Apollo), Node.js, Next.js, Tailwind, Google Cloud, App Engine, Cloud Functions, Cloud Firestore, Big Query
You can expect to:
- Use your knowledge of Typescript, React, GraphQL, and Node.js to architect, implement, test, and maintain critical product features such as patient risk stratification and monitoring, machine augmented patient documentation, automated outreach, patient self-scheduling, and the pharmacy finder.
- Collaborate with product managers, physicians, nurse practitioners, and other staff members to revolutionize patient care.
- Work across the stack, doing anything it takes to solve problems, and see projects through to completion.
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases and processes you will encounter.
- Be 100% remote. Work from anywhere; your office is wherever you are.
Qualities we’re looking for:
- A passion for improving the healthcare experience and helping those suffering from opioid use disorder.
- Pride and accountability for work completed, holding yourself and others to a high standard.
- Creativity and hustle when solving problems.
- An understanding of the business impact of projects you build and the ability to prioritize projects by balancing between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- Placing a high value on collaboration, knowing that we can be better as a team than as individuals.
- Think critically about the implications of what you're building and how it shapes real people's lives.
Skills / experience we’re looking for:
- 4 or more years of experience building, shipping, and maintaining highly scalable web applications and backend services
- 1 or more years of experience in Typescript, React, and Node.js
- Proficiency in API design and writing data persistence layers
- Experience with CI/CD and writing highly maintainable code
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent field
What would set you apart:
- Experience building and scaling up multiple web applications from the ground up.
- Experience with GraphQL, GCP including Cloud Firestore, React Native, Terraform, and HIPAA compliance
- A mix of salary and equity in Bicycle Health.
- Work with a talented, enthusiastic and mission driven team of passionate individuals.
Location: Fully remote. Must work in US time zone work hours.